we have made an impact on many lives and will continue to do so with your helpVolunteer Now!
Donations - ReStore
The ReStore's entire inventory is compiled of donated product. We do NOT purchase any items. Everything we sell comes from the kindness of retailers, contractors, manufacturers, and of course everyday people. We truly appreciate all of the help from everyone over the years to make our ReStore such a success.
The ReStore accepts lots of different products, please check out the criteria below if you have any questions or concerns please give us a call (613) 547-4111.
Wherever possible we encourage customers to bring items to the ReStore as part of their donation to Habitat for Humanity. However, in situations where this is not possible we are able to pick-up donations subject to prior approval. Please give us a quick call at 613-547-4111 to make arrangements.
ALL DROP-OFFS ARE SUBJECT TO STAFF INSPECTION AND APPROVAL
AND MUST BE DONE DURING BUSINESS HOURS
Please keep in mind that the items below are just typical of what we are able to accept.
We are sometimes unable to accept items because of our limited space, the amount of similar items we have in stock, or the condition of the item.
Flooring & Tile
Doors & Windows
ITEMS THAT WE ARE
If you wish to donate an unusual item which is not on the above list or if you need to schedule a pick-up, please do not hesitate to contact us at 613.547.4111
Electrical & Lighting
- All supplies and equipment must meet current building codes.
- NEW and surplus supplies are acceptable.
- Used electric supplies must be approved by staff.
- Odd colors and styles [ie pink elephant switch plates] are usually not accepted.
Hardware, Tools & Equipment
- Knobs, hinges, locks, cabinet pulls.
- Nuts, bolts, nails, screws, preferably sorted.
- Most tools & equipment that are working and in reasonable condition.
- Larger pieces of equipment must be approved by our staff.
- NO ELECTRIC TOOLS WITH MISSING PIECES, CORDS, BATTERIES, CHARGERS, ETC
- NO RUSTY HARDWARE OR BUCKETS.
Lumber & Building Materials
- NEW surplus wood of any kind is acceptable.
- Used lumber must be completely free of rot, mold, and insect damage.
- All lumber must be at least 6' in length or 10sq' and be free of nails.
- Sheet goods must be at least a half sheet in either direction and be free of mold and rot or other damage.
- Only NEW bagged (preferably in original bags) insulation.
- Roofing materials must be NEW and be in good condition.
- NEW vinyl siding must be boxed.
- NO USED VINYL SIDING.
- NO HEAVILY PAINTED LUMBER OR SHEET GOODS.
- NO USED SIDING SHINGLES.
- NO USED INSULATION OF ANY KIND.
- NEW brick, concrete block, pier block, and pavers.
- Used masonry and stone must be whole pieces, free of mortar, epoxy, etc.
- Drop-offs of large amounts of such items must be scheduled with our staff.
- Bags of mortar and such must be full bags and in original package. Please duct tape any rips or tears.
Lawn & Garden
- Lawn and garden tools are accepted if in working order and reasonably free of rust.
- Garden objects and architectural pieces.
- Wrought iron fencing, gates, and other decorative metal fencing.
- Wood fencing must be in very good condition and be free of heavily peeling paint or rot.
- Fence posts must be at least 8', no cut-offs.
- NO TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT WITH MISSING PIECES OR PARTS.
Plumbing & Bath Fixtures
- Cast iron enameled sinks and stainless steel sinks.
- Clawfoot tubs.
- Ceramic sinks must be clean and free of scratches, chips and cracks.
- Toilets must be low flush [1.6 GPF], be well cleaned, and free of chips and cracks
- Metal plumbing parts and supplies.
- NEW shower doors. No used ones please.
- NO USED PLASTIC OR PVC PIPE OR PARTS.
- We accept furtniture at staff discretion.
- If possible, we require pictures of large items (i.e kitchen set).
Paint, Wallpaper & Chemicals
- NEW full paint cans only, never frozen.
- All paints & chemicals must be in original containers with labels intact.
- NO FLAMMABLES SUCH AS GAS, KEROSENE, ETC.
- NO WALLPAPER.